Thursday, March 5, 2009

What Life Can Be Like In My University

Gust. Yes, I said where I go to, it really doesnt matter to me, stalk me. Do whatever, that'll only show that you my dear, have no life. But yeah, Gust. Let me tell you, the lever of drama that goes on in that university, man... It can drive a complete sane person crazy! Literally. I wanna start talking about my freshman year, and we'll go on from there. I graduated back in 2006 from a Britsih school, the environment I've been in for the past thirteen years has been amazing and very home-like. I honestly considered school as my second home, my friends and the rest of the students being my siblings, and our form teacher as our parent. It's always been like this, no shit about segregation, no one's sexist, racist, and so on. Everyone actually ''stands'' everyone else and live with their flaws. We get to spend time together and learn about eachother, for God's sake, we practically live together for years until its time to graduate.

I remember the night before my graduation ceremony, I was just chilling with mom at some coffee place, and we were talking about school. There are just some stuff you wont be able to forget and let go of when you leave and start your life. What I really love about my school is that we live in this ''little community'' that's just ours, you know? No one outside can mess with that, we basically have each others' backs. No one outside can mess with that... Period. She warned me, my mom, that being in a university is not an easy thing. You won't be surrounded by all of your friends, things won't always be ''OK'', and you will most probably get hurt no matter how much you be careful. It's just life, and those four years will definitely affect who you are, the experiences you will go through and the people you meet will shape the sort of person you will become in the future. Just like you graduated from high school, you will graduate from university, one chapter ends, and a new one begins, life goes on.

Me, I graduated fall, 2006. I didn't have any ''choices'' and where to go to college, I never thought about anywhere other than Kuwait University, for years I've heard about how strong it is and what sort of academic reputation it has in the Middle East and even around the world. I hear stuff about universities, private ones in Kuwait, but just some chit chat here and there, I never actually considered any of them. So that's what I did, I signed up to be a student in KU. Biggest. Mistake. In. My. Life. Yes. The environment, the people, the professors, the students, it. Just. Wasnt. Me. I lasted a course there, yeah. At the end of it, si7abt awraagee and left. Dad sort of took care of all the paper work, now... I didn't know where I was going, where I was studying, what I knew was I was glad I left. And that was that. One morning, dad calls me from work and said he had important news, the day before, he went to Gust and took care of everything, apparently, I'm a Gust student now. Yes. Gust. First I was so shocked, maybe its because I barely heard shit about it? Like what sort of people go there and the majors they have? Yeah, but then, when it sunk in, I started to like the idea. Hell, atleast its better than going to KU where people stared at you like you're some hooker, shit, son. Why? Whhyyy? Maala da3ee!

Anyways, I remember I started my classes at 8 am, inshalla moo 8 ya3ni tawny mit5arja abee ashba3 noum, why not 10 am or something? No. 8. Thanks. It was a BA 1800 class, introduction to computers or some shit like that, basic I.T stuff where you learn about Microsoft Word w rab3a, anyways, there I met a couple of girls, one was married with a beautiful 2 year old daughter, and the other one, lets call her ''Stuck up'' :) But she was amazingly sweet, smart and hilarious. I loves hanging out with her, and suddenly, we were together all the time. Shda3wa all the time? La ya3ni during campus hours, until it was time to go home, I remember asking R. my driver to come pick me up an hour after all my classes ended. I had a driver back then because I was too young to drive, just 16 lol and Stuck up was 16 as well. Stuck up had a boyfriend with us at Gust, I loved the guy, Apple lets call him, his company moo 9ij, I'd be laughing the entire time and he gets all protective sometimes, his friend on the other hand... I had a thing for ever since I met him, he had that ''bad boy'' look, shit I always go for that kind. We hung out me and Orange (Apple's friend) and got to know each other, sometimes alone, and sometimes with the company of the rest of the group.Yeah, group.

One day I realized we were a huge bunch, we're all good friends, and I thanked God for being in this university, il jaw kan mithil jaw madresa where girls and boys were able to hang out and spend time together without anyone giving two shits about it, yeah? No. I was very wrong, I took it too far, not with my behavior or whatever, no. Bas ina when I thought ina ma7ad la shi3'il ba7ad, I was mistaken, very much mistaken. I had to learn that the hard way, how so? I'll talk about it some more, 3ala a5er il course things were still OK, but me and Orange sort of stopped talking and things got awkward between us. That created problems, we weren't able to hangout all of us together, it was just too weird for me, I know.. Childish, but I don't know, it wasn't something I was able to control. So... I kept my distance, from him and everyone else, including Stuck up ma3ana we were so damn close, shit just going back to those days, weird....

That first course was way too much for a freshman to handle, I went through so much, and to make things worse, I started hearing things about me, bad things, things a 16 year old shouldn't be hearing about herself, maala da3eeeeeeeee! Shit, I ''grew'' up that course, by the end of it at least, I heard things like me sleeping around with Orange, and me hanging out at his apartment dasha 6al3a minha, inshalla maroo7 kil shway shi8ita, but yeah, I took everything they've said and just stayed quiet, I just assumed that everyone who goes into this uni will hear stuff about them sooner or later, and I guess what I heard was sooner, but it's cool. Took it like a man :) And didn't make any problems.

That summer, I've made important decisions, I decided to not act like I've done last course, I don't wanna be surrounded by people who might talk about me, or people where I might have my reputation ruined because of. It just wasn't worth it and I knew that what I'll be doing for the next few years is the right thing to do,and if my friends felt offended because I wouldn't be with them most of the time, then that's their problem, and they wouldn't be ''real'' friends after all. Right? I guess they weren't. I'm going to stop now, man, this post is so long, I guess I just have so much to talk about when it comes to Gust, and this shit is only whats been happening the first course, theres alot more coming, and as I go on, there will be more people involved and more 'wei3's I went through, oh well

That's life I guess
N. kk
xx

5 comments:

  1. Lol!! Aham shaayyy el "stalk me" 7adich thi8a
    Ee yalla write about this course, it's more entertaining ;p
    oo please '3airay el arabic formatting it's so hard for me ;(
    and comment on mine. thanks. love

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanasaaa we go same jam3aa ;p tawa <3 <--- different leagues author chick :P galatli to check out bloggich, 7addi gon stalk u :P ana 9ij 3ad ma 3indi life haha jk ;p i like the way u write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL ee nafs ijam3a! ;p Thank you hunn, I'm glad you do! ;D Stalk me, haa? ;p lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOL twa9eeni i stalk you LOL! inshalla (A) bas ya3ni its gonna be really hard to! You sit ib west? I'll pass by million marra (A) Itha shiftay wa7da habla passing by and staring at people that are sitting down tikfain gomay salmy 3alay! :P haha ;P jk lat9adgeen haha at5ayalich u go and say hi to a random mustajidaa maskeena thay3a! LOOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL if you figure it out and find out who I am, let me know ;p w 9adgeeny mara7 asalim 3al awadim not knowing who YOU are ;p fashla! ;p 7alat'ha I know you already, haa? Man, that would be hilarious ;p I'm loving your posts by the way! ;*

    ReplyDelete