Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Afternoon

A Friday afternoon, is it? Yeah. We're all at home, dad, mom and my brothers. Mom's sick, and she's still in bed. She's never in bed, usually she'd be up at around 8 am banging the doors of our rooms and telling us to study, so it was a quiet morning today, things arent the same, she hasnt been feeling well lately, too much pressure at work-she's a doctor-and I know how kids can be a little annoying sometimes, she has us four, and sometimes, dad's the 5th. She's the ''strict'' one when it comes to parenting, nags about studying and eating in a healthy way and getting enough sleep. Dad's the one who's usually laid back and relaxed when it comes to those stuff, I'm not saying he doesnt care, ofcourse he does. But he's the kind of guy who wants his kids to sort of be independent and learn from their mistakes, mom wants to guide us, you know how mothers can be. I have three brothers, one who's 17, goes with me to Gust. He's been there for over a year now, I love having hime with me. It's weird 'cause sometimes people ask whether or not it's annoying for him to always be around, ''You live with him under one roof, you've been going to the same school for thirteen years, and now you go to the same university? Isn't it too much?'' No. I love it, me and K-that's his name-we're pretty close, I always compare for some reason, like when it comes to my friends, I look at how they're close with their siblings, and sometimes I notice that me and K. have a special brother and sister relationship, we're very open to one another, and he always always checks up on me. I admit, sometimes it's annoying, when he calls me three or four times a day just to see how I'm doing, and lectures me if I'm late outside the house, but I always think about it in a positive way, I'm very thankfull for a brother like him. Because even though he's younger than I am, a year and four months younger, he treats me like a younger sister; but sometimes, he comes to me for advice regarding everything basically, school, friendships, even relationships. I try to be there for him as much as I can, that's how we are. He's my best friend and my brother, I loves growing up with him. I remember back when we were kids in what.. Second or First grade. Man, we were always playing and running around, whats pretty amazing about this is that he's a boy, and I'm a girl, so we tend to be interested in different things, like I'd want to play house and he'd want to grab plastic weapons and run around the house, so we created our own games, and we'd spend hours playing them. And when my other brother was born, we decided to act all ''mature'' and parent-like to make sure he was safe and brought up well. Yeah, didnt work lol we bullied the shit out of him, but we loved him nevertheless, we still do. And always yell at hime to have a stronger personality and to learn to stand up for himself, he's probably the most sensitive out of all 4 of us. He's always ''nice'' and peolpe can't always be nice, it;s just not right. Not in this world atleast, but who am I to talk? I have my flaws as well, I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when they act. It's just me, even though I don't like it. I still do, and I know I won't stop, sometimes you just can't change the flaws you have, no matter how hard you try.

N. Kk
xx

1 comment: