Monday, April 27, 2009

Keep In It Real "Keepin' It Real".

This phrase originated as an African American soul music expression. It means being honest and truthful, to have an integrity without hidden agenda, without bullshit. You see, I know many people, and I gotta admit, including myself lie at times. Sometimes we do it to get away from trouble or horrific confrontations, other times we lie to protect or care about the feelings of others. But the thing is, a lie is a lie, there's no such thing as a white, pink, red, yellow, green, indigo lie. A lie, is a lie. Full stop. I can honestly tell you, that I know a person who lies for the sake of attention, to prove to others that she's as good enough like everyone else, why? I don't understand. What I do understand though, is that each individual is unique in every way possible, he or she is different from others, say by attitude, behaviour, mentality, physique, and so on.

So why give people the false image of who you truley are? I don't know why I started out talking about this, it's just that it's been bothering me the past few years, as I grow up, I realise that there are more and more pathalogical liars out there! Can you believe it? Ask yourself, how many times do you lie in one day? Once, five? Ten? Did you lose count? You might have. We lie about insignificant and uneccesary stuff, why? It's just that this issue, or so called "bad habbit" has become part of our nature, heck it plays a huge role in our lives, that we feel it to be very normal. It. Is. Not. Normal. Nevermind it being ethically speaking, okay. It isn't. A while ago, when I first comprehended the fact that some individuals lie for absolutely no apparent reason, I tried thinking about something. And came up with a decision, I decided and took it upon myself to think twice before speaking, I need to know what's coming out of my mouth.

Is it neccesary to say what I'm about to say? No? Then shut the fuck up. People don't wanna hear bullshit. And that's what it is, lying, it's bullshit. Full stop. And the fact of the matter is, lying does cause numerous problems; such as people getting hurt, emotionally, and mentally, hell even physically at times. I'll give you an example. I was talking to Aj, a friend of mine today during our break. And she was telling me this story about a girl who always, always had her boyfriend coming over to her place. And you know what's weird about the whole situation? Her dad is conservative and super religious, how did she turn out to be more open minded? Is it because of our generation? Anyways, that's not the point, the point is, her boyfriend used to walk into their place with a Hijab, Abaya, and covered his face as well so he wouldn't be known, and so the dad's girl wouldn't know he's a guy. Can the father be any more stupid? How could you not tell the difference? Body structure? Eyes? Eyebrows? Walk? Body language? No?

Unless you're dating a homosexual, in that case, dump him bitch. But apparently, her father bought the lie, and you see the boyfriend getting in and out of the house on a daily bases, spending the entire day sometimes in his girlfriend's bedroom, mind you. So one day, the girl tells her father that her "friend" is sleeping over, she also warned him that her "friend" is very shy and wouldn't appreciate it if he walked in and out of her bedroom during the day. So her friend would be comfortable and act as if she's at home, because her dad's kind hearted and naive, duh? He agrees with no objections. And so, her boyfriend came, as usuall, covered up and spends the night in her room, God knows doing what. But because karma's a bitch and really does bites you in your behind, her dad walked by her bedroom on his way downstairs, he hears the voice of her boyfriend. As he walks in, he sees his only daughter, with another man, in her bedroom. And I'll leave you to that.

Honest to God, put yourself in the father's shoes, and close your eyes. How would you feel, walking in your daughter's room and finding a complete stranger spending the night with her? Shocked? Upset? Infuriated? I don't blame you? First off, who's stupid enough to invite their boy/girlfriend over when the parents are at home? Nevermind, sleeping over? No matter how big your house is, or no matter how many times you see your dad a year, once, twice, three, rarely, do you really wanna risk the chance of getting caught? Is it worth it? I respect relationships, I really do. And it's such a beautiful feeling being loved and loving somebody, the safety, stability, and serenity that come along with it really brings comfort to the soul. But, why ruin the entire image by producing lies that will eventually affect your relationship with the person you love? In this case, why invite your boyfriend over? Why lie to your father about something as twisted and demented as that? What's wrong with having it the old fashioned, normal way?

Why don't you go out? Have lunch? Watch a movie? Walk, or do whatever, or whomever, outside your house? If you have no respect for yourself nor your boyfriend, at least have the curtosy to show respect for your parents. I get it when you pick him up from his place, or him dropping you off to your place and so on. I do that as well, because I trust the person I have a relationship with, but not to the extent that I let him sleep over in my bedroom, with my parents, and the rest of my family sleeping at the same house. No, it's wrong. Forgive me for being a closed - minded person like that, but I am. And another thing that got under my skin, a friend called me today to talk, she's been with her boyfriend for a while now, not too long though, but she "trusted" the guy, and to me, he also seemed pretty great because I see how he treats and cares about her. I respected him. Emphasis on the word respected, past tense? Yeah.

When they first started dating, he told her that he doesnt have a Facebook account, "ma3anda hasuwalif". Eventually, she found out that he did and lied to her about it, WHY LIE? I don't understand! My friend searched for his email in that website, and it was there. His picture, his account, she saw him. And he lied to her, he lied to the girl he was crazy about, it just doesnt make sense. He didn't stop there, because she's smart and sneaky and all, she added him on a fake account she has, and he accepted right away asking her to add him on her MSN list. Really? Would you do that if you're with someone and want things to get serious and fast? No. Why? Because it's wrong, ethically wrong.

If you wanna fool around, act like a player, and hold your wheenie like a trophey as if you're proud of it, like it's a badge which proves your manly hood, they by all means, you do that. But don't be serious with a girl, expect her to be completely commited to you, and you can be a playing bitch at the side. No. She dumped him, obviously. Who wouldn't? She let the first lie slide, when he said that he never had a Facebook acount, but this? No, she did the right thing, she's smart, thought with her head and not her heart, which is what's rational and logical. I'm glad, proud of her. See what lying does? It corrupted an entire relationship and flushed it down the toilet, he just ruined an amazing chance of being with a person who will really make him happy for the rest of his life, why? Because he's a fucker, that's why. Lying is bad. End of story, just don't lie, find a way to say the truth, it can come out in different ways, it all depends on the way you deliver your message. You don't have to be harsh, too forward, or rude. There are various means into speaking and saying the truth.


P.S. I met Lilo & Stitch the other day at Gust, holy shit, they're just too cute! Suwalifhum twanes! I hung out with Lilo and ditched my Algebra class because I hate it? But mostly because I wanted to get to know her! First it was weird, I have to admit, bas ma3a isuwalif we sort of broke the ice and took it easy, she's so adorable! Then Stitch and Ms. Q joined us, us four should not hang out together, it's just too funny! <3 And I really do hope they didn't get freaked out from our momentary fights, Ms. Q and I, we do that sometimes. Keeping my fingers crossed, because I havent seen, heard or read anything from them ever since -.- Wienkum? :( So yeah, that's about it. I'm wrapping it up, too tired tonight.

Goodnight

N.-Kk

xx

2 comments:

  1. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this post. Jad, I literally agree with every since letter you wrote. 7ata the spaces. Word. Anyway yeah, I really don't get it, w I don't think it's ever going to be something I can make peace with, awal I thought ino like 3adi okay you're making an ass out of yourself, it doesn't affect me, bas ilmoshkila is it escalates! 7adda I wanna scream don't underestimate my intelligence umbay I wasn't born yesterday 3ashan you try to feed me this bullshit! And I've yet to meet a liar who can keep up with all the crap they spew, ma tiswa 3alaikum the 2 seconds when you felt like god, istaghfir allah.

    I don't think it's closed mindedness on your part, mahma someone thinks they're open to wayid stuff, something's gotta give ya3ni, lazim we set boundaries SOMEWHERE wala like shbikoon ilresult? anarchy! Zain tsawee your friend!! *applaudes her* Today, I am proud of being a woman, for a change ;p

    Ulla is this my longest comment yet? yes? whatevs, I'm not done *giggles*

    awww INTAW ILCUTE! Seriously. LOL we don't scare easily, 3adi, we were expecting you guys to freak out lol bas nooo killish nooo, it was so much fun! Apart min il little revelation about that girl in that class *e7m e7m* it was a great day! <3 Not fair kilkum ib gust wana stranded alone in CBA *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, they never keep it with the lies they tell, don't you just love it when they forget saying a particular lie and later on when you ask them about it, they'd be like "What? I never said that... When?" -.- Seriously? Some people are good at lying, others are pussies at it. But it doesn't make it okay, so just stop? Thanks.

    Aaww ma 5tera3taw? You have no idea how much of a compliment that is for us! ;D 'Cause, we do scare people. Blehh... Uhma y5afoon! What's wrong with a little crazyness everyday? It's our sunshine, we love acting stupid. Maybe we cross the line sometimes, but it's cool, we balance things out with the whole "us walking with nafseya" ;p Ee! Transfer? I talk to administration? Yes. And they bring you? Ee <3

    ReplyDelete