Monday, May 4, 2009

Hold Heart, Don't Beat So Loud - Part Seven: Here Comes Goodbye.

"Do me a favor? Next time I call you to come with me for shopping, just hang up on me. Yeah?" I asked Deena, we've been at Avenues for the past four hours, and I can't feel my feet, not to mention my arms after carrying bags and bags of clothes from this season. As soon as I saw the Sales advertisements on the newspaper while having breakfast with mum this morning, I called Dee and asked her to come with. I was glad I had all the midterms and presentations out of the way for a while, what, a week? Two? Just some time to lay back and relax. Exactly what I needed. Not running around and going in and out of every store in the mall. We decided to take a break and spotted a couple of comfortable couches at Starbucks to sit on, I placed the bags on the floor right next to the table and sat, while Deena went ahead and ordered our cold drinks.

1 New Message: Khaled Al M.

Still shopping, ladies?

I replied by saying that we are, and having drinks before carrying on.

1 New Message: Khaled Al M.

Alla y3eenkum? Why? Why? Don't you ever get sick of it? ;p Inzein 7abeebty, stay safe. I just left my place to pick up a friend and head to Hawally, he wants to buy something. I'll call you after. Don't get those legs too tired, baby ;*

He made me smile, I loved the tingeling feeling he always, always managed to give me.

Reply: I won't, hunn. Inshalla, you too. Yeah, call me as soon as you're done. I'll be home by then ;*

Deena came back with our frapps and sat across me, we talked about what we bought since 11 in the morning, and discussed whether or not we should continue. We were both so tired, so we decided to just relax for a few more minutes, then head back home for a good movie. As we were talking, I noticed a young woman sitting across at the far end of Starbucks. Her bleache blond hair covered most of her back, wearing a short black dress that barely covered her thighs and leather leggings underneath. I hate those leggings. The amount of makeup she had on only convinced someone that she was heading to a wedding right after leaving Avenues, it was unbelievably heavy. I don't wanna go deeper into her appearance, the accessories, the heels, the glares. Too fucking much. The woman was wearing her sun glasses but it was extremely obvious the woman was staring at our direction. I convinced myself I was being too paranoid and looked away every time I spotted her, not mentioning anything to Deena.

Deena: You okay, babe? Why are you looking behind me kil shway?
Me: Madree, Dee. I think, I THINK that woman with the blonde hair is staring at us. I don't know why, though. She doesn't seem familiar.

Deena, acting as cool and normal as possible, turned around to observe the woman I was reffering to. As soon as she did that, the young woman stood up, leaving her hand bag along with her shopping bags and the rest of her belongings on the table she was occupying alone. She was walking towards us. She was walking towards us. So calm, swaying ever so slowly, she definetely had one of those confident walks, you gotta admire that.

Me: Deenouh! What the fuck is she doing? She's coming over here!
Deena: Don't be stupid, Danah. (very calmly) She doesn't know us, why would she?

And just as Deena finished her sentence, the woman was standing beside me. Looking at me. No, gazing. It was an angry look, a look that indicated she was obviously mad about something I've done? What...? I don't even know her. Why's she quiet? I had to say something to break the ice, there was so much tension you could cut it with a knife. "Erm... May I help you?" I asked the woman, facing her, still sitting down. Nothing. She was still quiet. Just staring. In my head, I was all "What the fuck is wrong with her? Is she stable? No, she must be out of it, something's wrong. This is a joke, where's the damn camera?" But no. Apparently, she was serious. Finally, she spoke.

"Intay Danah il Flani?" She asked, it was more of a statement than a question. This is so weird... Should I lie and say I wasn't? No, she was certain. I can't lie. I nodded. "T3arfeen Khaled Al M.?" Oh my God... My heart started beating faster, I could feel a cold line of sweat falling down by back, my hands were shaking, not very apparent, I could feel the shaking though. "Excuse me?" I questioned, what is wrong with her? Who is she? And why did she ask me about Khaled? A million questions were running through my head, all of them required straight and honest answers, only this woman could do the job for me. I wanted to ask her, not the other way around. Bitch. I eyed Deena, she was quiet, white in the face, was she nervous? Or was it fear? God, how's MY face, if hers was this terrified and shocked? Bullocks.

Another moment of silence before she started speaking again, I looked down at my frappuccino as she went on, not having the balls to face her. I don't know why, I just couldn't, maybe because I was scared of what she's about to reveal to me. God, please make this go away. Please... No such luck. "Aha, I figured. I just want you to know that everyone thinks you're trash, Khaled keeps talking about you kil ma mar idewaniyat 3and rab3a, and even where he studies, sum3itich ray7a feeha and I don't blame him, look at you... I'm just trying to be nice here, giving you some advice. Before it's too late, before realising that no man will want to marry you. Leave Khaled, I'm sure it wouldn't make a huge difference to him, since he's doing most of the girls in his university, that man's definetely on a role."

What...? I sunk even further on my couch, what did she just say? Khaled? Talking about me? My reputation? Girls...? No. No, there must be some misunderstanding here. The shaking was getting more and more obvious to Deena and the woman, they both knew the strong impact this woman had had on me, the bomb she just threw. No, there must be some misunderstanding here.

There must be some misunderstanding here...

My phone vibrated.

1 New Message: Khaled Al M.

My friend changed his mind, we're just chilling at his place. Maybe lunch after, we'll see. Can I see you later on today? We need to talk.

I dropped the phone on the wooden table, carved with names of people in love, dates and hearts drawn in blue and black ink. It's incredible how I could notice little things like these on a time like this, on the state I'm in. She left. I looked up again, and she was gone. Deena looked at me, placed her gentle hand on my cold one, concern and shock on her face, was that pitty too? No, not from Deena, she's not like that. I'd hate it if she did feel that way. "You ready to go sweetie? Come on, I'll help you with the bags, we'll talk in the car. Yalla galbi." as she stood up and held her hand out to offer her help. I didn't need it, I stood up, grabbed my things, and followed her, silently.

There must be some misunderstanding here...

5 comments:

  1. :O Noo! omg la, I thought it was a happy post *sniff* I was all smiley awal shay, mino the woman? Wai3 wai3. I want to choke her with her leggings, inzain? I agree, there must be some misunderstanding :( Mayseer, I refuse to accept it *sniff*

    Great post though, loved it;*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo2 oooo2
    DRAMAAAAAAAAAAA
    just the way we like ittt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we love it? We feed on Drama -.-
    I know! Bitch. Her and her leggings, which barely fit her, mind you! :O Hfft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noes! I hope it was a misunderstanding....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope so as well... Let's see what happens ;p

    ReplyDelete